· Pricing – set the right price and be flexible to adjust.
· Customer relationships – build and retain loyal clients and customers by delivery, pricing and quality.
· Market – understand the market for your product. Mupuya now owns 5% of the market.
· Delivery – be on time!
· Quality – attention to quality of the product
· Staffing – put in place an effective management team – finance director and business development manager
· Competitive Edge – know your competitor and develop your own competitive edge
· Distribution Network – building an effective distribution network for his products in the local market.
· Branding – he built the YELI Paper Bags brand in Uganda
· Market Expansion – Rwanda is the only country on the continent which is completely plastic free.
· Production – balance between mass production, bespoke and innovation.
· Payments – finding customers and clients who will pay on time.
· Capital – bank loans have high interest rates and short time in which to repay from the revenues generated by the business.
· Starting – start now!